Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Seasons Change

It seems that just a coupla days ago it was ninety degrees in the shade. Now I'm scraping frost in the morning and seeing my breath in the evening. I've never been a fan of the cold. I look toward the winter with fatalistic resignation. What will be, will be. Winter's coming, I've gotta deal with it.
I like seasons changing when it's for the better. I love Spring 'cause it points to the wonderful warm Summer but let's not talk about that now. I'm going to do my best to make the best of this season.
I have gone through some seasonal changes over the last few years. My youngest daughter went off to college. No more kids at home. That was good, kinda. Then my grandson was born three years ago. That was great, kinda. Now he's running around under our feet. That's good, kinda.
I'm wearing glasses almost all the time now. And the folks I run around with all have gray (or colored) hair. I don't feel like I fit in with this crowd until I go by a mirror. I don't know when that happened. That season really snuck up on me.
The most wonderful thing about changing seasons is the unchanging love of God. For every season there is a new revelation of the faithfulness and care of our Lord. He has promised to be with us till the end of the age...I'm thankful He's with me at every age.

No comments:

Post a Comment